Buying and Selling Houses and doing mortgages on residential houses is a part of everyone’s dreams and one of the major areas of my practice.
I personally deal with every transaction and try to remove people’s worries and help them through moves which can be very stressful while protecting this biggest investment most people will make in their lives. It is very satisfying to hand vendor’s a cheque and purchaser’s a key to their new home.
Fees and other costs can vary depending on a wide range of factors but fees basically are as follows:
- Purchase Fee: $1,035
- with each Mortgage add $345
- Disbursements for Purchase and one mortgage: $950 – $1,000 on a purchase of $500,000 or less. Above that price Title Insurance is an extra $90.00 per $100,000.00 of extra purchase price.
- Plus Land Transfer Tax
- Sale Fee: $880
- with each Discharge add $145
- Disbursements for sale and one discharge approximately $575
- Refinancing Fee: $440 is we have acted on this property before, $550 if we have not acted on this property before.
- Disbursements: $530 – $700 if the registered mortgage is for $500,000 or less. Above that title insurance is an extra $90.00 per $100,000.00. Banks are often instructing registered mortgages for far more than they will currently lend you.
For more information on how we can help make your new home purchase a reality, call our office today!